Doctor to Doctor to Patient
Is this course for you?
Doctor to Doctor to Patient was created specifically for professionals working in hospitals and clinics that cater to international patients. It is very beneficial to medical students wanting to improve their chances of acceptance into internship programs in English speaking medical environments or competing for jobs in the medical tourism market. In addition, it can be of help to medical students and post-graduate students in the medical sciences planning to teach in English.
What level of English do you need to have? (Prerequisites)
To be able to benefit fully from this course however, you need to be able to demonstrate at least a B1 English level according to CEFR or Intermediate level of English. https://www.coe.int/en/web/common-european-framework-reference-languages/the-cefr-descriptors
What will you take from this course? (Learning Outcomes)
By following the instructional videos and practical exercises in the Core course you will be able to :
- Identify and distinguish the body directions, planes and orientation;
- Give patient movement instructions during a physical exam;
- Ask about, differentiate and use expressions to describe pain and discomfort;
- Perform a patient interview and take their history;
- Direct patients to and discuss laboratory tests and results;
- Deliberate about diagnoses and comment on images taken;
- Name and outline the use of most common Emergent care and clinical equipment and point to the usual personnel;
- Converse on the topics of Public care – Epidemiology, Immunology and Tropical diseases;
- Recognize general pharmacy and pharmacology related terminology
What actions are expected of you?
The course consists of two modules – a Core and Specialties module. Studying the lessons involves various activities, such as – watching videos, listening to recordings, reading short texts, answering questions, reviewing previously learned material, completing matching exercises, solving puzzles, following tutorials, unscrambling texts, taking quizzes and playing all kinds of educational games designed to aid you in your learning process.
How much time do you need to complete each lesson?
Each lesson is designed to take about 30 minutes of your time.
Inspirational Closing Statement:
Let’s start talking!